Friday, September 25, 2009

smorgasboard!

So I find myself thinking several times a day (I know that's a shocker to some =) ) about how I need to post this or that on our blog, but like many other things, I forget soon after that. Today I had the brilliant idea to actually write some of those things down and tonight I am going to just bounce from one subject to the next to cover all that we can! Here goes!

Our neighbors all around us seem to be pretty nice. It is really hard to explain just how many neighbors you actually have because all of these houses are crammed in together like a bunch of puzzle pieces but just bear with me. One of the ladies who lives behind us (kind of) met Brent, Mason, and Sadie one day soon after we moved in. I wasn't outside because Brent says I was in writing our divorce papers out, but basically I was just having a hard time adjusting and needed a break! When she came over to talk to them (which we all have a hard time doing because she doesn't know much more english other than "moment"), she brought fresh home grown tomatoes and then went and cut me some fresh flowers. The bouquet of flowers was gorgeous! I mean you seriously might pay $40 for these in the states. The last time we saw her out there with some encouragement, I went over and attempted a conversation with her and she again brought fresh tomatoes, green peppers, and then some other kind of pepper as well. She also brought more flowers. I really wish I had taken a picture of them, but I will be sure to do that next time! I feel so bad because I never have anything cool or fresh to give these people. So, feel free to send me any good "American" ideas to hand out to all of our German buddies! I must admit that I just may be beginning to like it here (ssshhh...don't tell Brent though, I'll never hear the end of it)!

Oh...another cute story. So, Mason was getting out of the car to go to school yesterday and Brent was staying in the car with Sadie while I walked him in. As he gets out of the car Mason yells, "Daddy take care of Sadie....and when she screams, give her paci!" Too cute and too sweet that he thinks of her like that! He really is good with her and he is THE man to make her smile. She loves him!

Speaking of Sadie, she had her first cereal tonight! Lately I don't know whether she's on her growth spurt or I'm not enough for her anymore, but she has barely been going 2 hours in between feedings including at night, so needless to say, I am a bit of a zombie in the mornings again. After feeding her bottles several times after I had already nursed her, I decided we might give cereal a whirl. She has been watching us eat at every meal lately and follows the food to our mouths while drooling, so I know she's gotta be ready. When we went to the store today, Mason ran up the actual cereal aisle yelling, "Mommy what kind of cereal are you going to get Sadie?" Too funny! He wasn't impressed with the cereal that we bought, but Evan (I'm sure you'll read this) you would be because we bought her ORGANIC cereal! At any rate, we had our first attempt at eating tonight. If we can ever figure out how to download the videos on here, we'll show you how it turned out. At first she didn't act like she really cared for any of the activity going on but after we stopped filming, she would get really excited when I picked up the spoon and kick her legs and if I put the spoon down, she would begin crying. It's all a learning process I guess. Oh and on a less exciting note, I must post this so that my sister doesn't feel too bad about stuff that happened to her little ones when they were babies. I won the bad mom of the day award yesterday. I was cutting Sadie's nails and yep, I cut her little finger. Poor baby just whimpered a bit, but it did bleed for quite a while and I finally gave in to Mason's request to give her one of his Transformer band aids!




Last but not least, Mason has decided that cooking in Germany must be cool (and cleaning the dishes since we have no dish washer) so he helps out quite a bit. Well, tonight he decided he wanted some hot chocolate, so him and Brent made hot water and Mason mixed everything up for us. He is quite the barista as he made sure that no single part of our hot chocolate was exposed and it was all filled up with marshmallows. Here are some cute pics of the little barista! Side note: He has not grown 2 feet, he is on a stool!


Just one more marshmallow (about 6 more times!)


He's just cute!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you've put off filing for the divorce. My kids were such a challenge to feed with a spoon. I couldn't figure out how to keep them from trying to "suck" it off the spoon. I can't wait to see the videos!
    It sounds like Mason is an AMAZING brother. I'm glad he's keeping Brent in line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that Germany is starting to grow on you! If you get really brave, take a trip to Copenhagen, Denmark. The kids would love Tivoli, and it is such a beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to have neighbors that really care about you, it makes you feel like some one is watching out for you!
    That's so sweet that Mason was giving Brent instructions on how to take care of Sadie, what a great big brother! Luke on the other hand has been head butting Aubrey and hitting her with his cars!
    Looks like Sadie loves her some cereal!

    ReplyDelete