Monday, September 7, 2009

Such is the life of an Army wife!

So, today I discovered that Mason totally gets that I am playing the role of both Mommy and Daddy at the same time. He came in yesterday with a few of his transformers that were taken apart. I had lots going on and did not get a chance to "fix" them before I went to bed, so Mason found them on the night stand this morning. He immediately started in on me about putting them back together, so I began trying to do so. After becoming frustrated with Bumblebee, I decided to work on 'ole Optimus Prime and was successful. It was a euphoric moment that I was able to complete this task, so while on my success trip, I decided to tackle Bumblebee again. It truly is amazing to me that these things are technically for ages 5 and up! Ifinally had to tell Mason that I couldn't get it but that Daddy would be able to get it once he got home. Well at this point you can see the wheels turning. He knows that Daddy isn't coming home any time soon, so he politely says, "Well, you can be the Daddy, too." Bless his heart. I've come to the conclusion that this is something females just aren't really made to do, so Papa (my dad), GET READY!!!

Since everyone is interested in what goes on with little miss priss, too, here's a little update on her. I stepped on the scale today with her and it looks like she's about 12 pounds. I think that sounds about right. She's also really beginning to coo a whole lot! It is so funny to see Mason with her when she does it because every time she makes a noise, Mason swears she's saying something that actually makes sense. Even if it is only one sound, it is always a word and most of the time it will even pertain to the conversation that he and I are having. Mason really thinks highly of her to hear actual words and at that, words that are used in the correct context of our conversation! Too funny.

Let's see what I can give you all as far as me. I had a decently successful conversation with our landlord, who is also our neighbor about the trash schedule today. They have really been good about overly explaining most things, but I don't think they understand that Americans don't have 4 separate trash bins and 4 separate trash schedules! Now, I need to explain that whole system briefly with you. We have a trash can for organics, papers, trash, and then yellow plastic bags for plastics. Also, your glass has to be carried off separately as well as batteries, etc. OK, here goes: I will randomly find their trash can by the road, but ours isn't out there, so this morning that happened and much like I used to do in Alabama, I panicked thinking the trash men would be here any minute, so I rushed to get dressed and raced out to the edge of the road only to find Heir Kansler out there. He explained to me that the trash doesn't actually run until tomorrow, but since his bin was full, they put theirs out early. He then looked into our bin and said it isn't full enough yet. I'm thinking there's about 6 inches left until it hits the top, and why does it even matter? We're paying for it! Besides that, they only run one time every 2 weeks and yes, I am serious, so does he assume we won't take it out this time? Anyhow, he explains that we will find some trash (this thought is just hilarious for me) to fill ours this evening and take it out to the road then! I got home tonight and it was out there, so I am sure he filled it with some sort of good trash for us! It is amazing, though, to see that you really do have such little REAL trash once you sort everything through!

Well, that about sums up a typical day for me. I know they are probably thinking, "Why in the world did we ever rent to these stupid Americans?!," but if they do, they never let on. They really are as sweet as can be and as far as that goes, we are truly lucky!

Until next time....OH! I will post some pics here pretty soon!

2 comments:

  1. I can CERTAINLY understand the Transformer issue. I had to mail 2 of them to Iraq and wait the four weeks turn around time for my boys to have them "fixed" by daddy. I have long since conceded that mommy's don't do transformers! :o) Love reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trash story is hilarious...I can't believe they only pick up the trash every 2 weeks!
    Mason's a really smart kid to figure out that you can try to be both mommy & daddy, I hope your 2 weeks without Brent go as smoohtly as possible!

    ReplyDelete