Thursday, September 17, 2009

Well, I thought today was going to deem a really interesting blog, but thank goodness it didn't. Brent had to go pick up some furniture that we ordered before he went out in the field, so he had to drop the kids and I off at Burger King 30 minutes before Mason's school day started. This meant that I had to get our food, eat, make Mason do more eating than playing, and WALK the kids back across pretty much most of the base all in 30 minutes! We actually made it within 5 minutes of start time and I was highly impressed (highly winded also, but that's okay). Anyhow, this wasn't the worst of it. We had high chances of rain the whole afternoon, so I was expecting it to just bottom out on me at some point, but it barely sprinkled and that was only one time during the 4 and a half hours we were out there. See, I had to entertain myself and Sadie during Mason's school because again, Brent had the car. Aaaahhh, such is the life of a single car family. Have I mentioned how much I despise that single car? Brent got a little taste of it today when the bottom (yes, the bottom) of the car came down and began flapping as he was on his way to pick up the furniture. HA! It's finally him and not me...except for the fact that just yesterday I had carried it to the car care center and had someone "tack" it up for me if you will. Huh...must have not worked!

Anyhow, I've been nursing a bad foot if you will for several days now. How one can twist (or actually I'm not exactly sure how it went down) their ankle and have bruises on the top of their foot and the sides of their foot and in between their toes, I'm not quite sure, but nonetheless, I did it! It's talent if you ask me! My foot was asleep and somehow when I got up (holding the baby mind you), I fell, but luckily not down, just up against the bed and waaaala!, it was done. Who knows, but all is working well again.

Tonight Mason was being quite the handfull, but he actually did something so very smart and very very sweet for Sadie. Bless her heart the kid had been irritable all afternoon and we finally got her down for a siesta while we were eating. She woke up shortly thereafter and I wanted to finish the dishes before I got her. Before I knew it, my little helper had left the stool by my side and disappered into our room. Brent looked over not long after that to find him pushing Sadie in her bassinet out to us. He couldn't get the wheels up over the ledge to get out of our room, so the lined up a big plastic bin behind it and I guess thought the extra weight of it might be enough to send it on over. After a little coaxing from Brent as to how to accomplish this task , in rolled Sadie to the kitchen! It might have not been the smoothest ride of her life, but I know that she was greatful for her big brother's efforts!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that he brought her to you!! That's so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet big brother! If Luke ever attempted that,I'm pretty sure that Aubrey end up on the floor!

    ReplyDelete