Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm a Brave Woman!

(written the third week in september)

Well, Sadie is finally sleeping in her own bed! I figured it was time to move her since she is as long (or a little longer) than the bassinet and as big as it is, too, so for two nights now, she's slept fine, but I can't say the same for her Mama! No, really and truly, I have slept okay but it has taken me quite a while to get to sleep. Once she starts tossing and turning which is usually an hour or more before she actually wakes up, I'm of course up, too. You've got to remember that this baby has been either in the bassinet (before we moved and since we moved into our house here in Germany) in our bedroom, in the moses basket (in Georgia) in our room, or actually in our bed in the hotel because she didn't have a crib there, so this is HUGE for me. You also may recall that Mason was a very similar situation. He was in our bedroom in a bassinet until Brent deployed and then I went back to Georgia and he was in a crib in my room until he got older and I decided to move myself down the hallway. This whole baby thing in another room is for the birds. Mason, bless his heart, had a monitor in his room until we moved here, and the intention was to get another monitor for his room, but I have stuck it out and he does just fine without one. Of course I can hear him...I never fall asleep without being on baby alert!

Sadie has also officially turned 4 months old (according to the actual day of the month). Mason helped me out with this. He even took pictures with his cell phone (doesn't really work)! Sadie is becoming quite the chatter. Mason claims she's actually saying words all of the time! She is also a bit of a fussy baby. The mornings typically start out pretty good, but by mid day, she'll scream her lungs off if you're not carting her around while you're trying to get things done. It depends on the day as to whether I actually give in or not. Most days at some point I give in for sanity's sake. The girl loves to eat and most days end with nursing, cereal, AND a bottle! She will be sitting up before we know it because she's nosy (like her Daddy...HA HA...more like her Mama). She can put her paci in and out, but she really would like to become a thumb sucker. Her smile and laugh are the cutest darn things around. Her hair is growing back on the top of her head (STILL) and it is just long enough to stick STRAIGHT UP! Everyday is new for her and Brent because he missed this time with Mason so it's fun to watch the two of them together.

Since I give so many odds and ends updates on Sadie, here's some on Mason. First off, he is growing unbelievably fast. I tried some jeans on him before we left for here and now that we need them, they no longer fit! He showed me his arms as they were stretched out and said, "I'm getting bigger. See how my arms are getting bigger like this." He wears his underwear backwards so he can see the picture. He is loving going to school every day. He is learning the concept of time, but is still very confused with it. He is also learning the difference in the days of the week. He loves to do the limbo at school. He is still soaking up everything he hears you talking about and uses it in the correct context most of the time when he decides to regurgitate it...even the bad things! He is compassionate about all of his loves like transformers, v-smile, cars, legos, you know all the boy things! He is the best big brother we could have ever asked for. He loves Sadie. He will help out on almost anything as long as it involves her. He loves to sneak in and sit in her things like her swing and bouncy seat. He does have a bit of jealousy but it's not expressed in a bad way. You always know if you're sweet talking her and he's in ear shot, he's going to come join you. He loves to help cook. Cleaning the dishes is pretty great, too. He's pretty much a Mama's boy and has a mini breakdown if I have to go somewhere and he's not with me (except for school). He is really interested in the things that Mommy and Daddy did when they were little.

Well, that's all for this post. Maybe I'll get around to posting about our adventure last weekend before we head out on another one this weekend.

P.S. Just to make you all jealous, here's what's in the works in the next month: Paris, France, Austria, and Rome, Italy! It's rough being over here and having the time to travel!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the backwards underwear definitely bring back memories. That just means you have an exceptional child who understands that the picture SHOULD be where you can see it. :o)
    I'm so happy to keep up with you all this way. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Sadie transitioned into her crib so well, it didn't seem to bother Aubrey either!
    That's so funny that Mason wears his underwear backwards...sounds like I have a lot of things to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete