Sunday, September 13, 2009

Not enough hours in my day!

Dear Mr. Sandman,

If you don't mind, I could really use at least a few hours extra every day. Thanks. P. S. A few extra hands would be great, too.

I don't know what it is around here, but I seriously cannot get everything in order around these parts! I don't know if it is that we have 2 sets of stairs that I am not used to, 2 kids instead of one, no husband (well, he's back now), the fact that it literally takes a load of clothes 2 hours, 28 minutes to dry, or just simply the fact that I have lost all my self confidence temporarily in this move to a foreign country, but I just don't ever get everything checked off of my list each day.

The day of (or the day before, I don't really know, they all run together) Brent's arrival home, I was trying to get the kids in the car and get on the move. Somehow I forgot that I had left the diaper bag in the front of the car until I ran smack over it! That makes 2 diaper bags now and Sadie is only3 months old! If you didn't know, the first bag went kaput when Brent and Mason spilled our fish's water all in the bag and we couldn't get the smell out no matter what. It is now dubbed the "fish bag" and living in the states at my dad's house! That whole escapade is another story all in itself! It's like I told Brent, for some reason, I can't just have a complete, disaster free day!

Anyhow, I have a few minutes today to give a brief update, so I thought I would. Since we last blogged, Brent made it home (praise the Lord), Mason's started school (which he loves), and he had his first soccer game.

Mason really does love his school. This year he has a leg up on being a ladies' man because he and Zachary (his side kick who's also on his soccer team) are the only 2 boys in the classroom. Mason did fine, in fact, I don't think he could get me out of the door fast enough and I think the feeling was mutual. He was completely bored of being at home with same 'ole mom all day and I really did need a small break from his whining every day! His teacher, Mrs. Sardella, is sweet as pie and I really like the program so far. He was so excited for his first day at school that even though he had to have 5 shots (yes, poor, poor baby), he went on trucking like it was just another day and did not have a single bother from them. The day after, however, he was a holy terror as far as whining and mis behaving and I am sure it could be attributed to the shots. When he talked to my dad at the end of the day and found out it was my Birthday, he later admitted he might should have acted better considering the occasion. I pretty much delcared it my un birthday and I might try turning 27 again next year. That sounds really quite old, huh? I certainly don't FEEL that old at all!

Now, Mason's soccer game. When I first heard that they only allow these kids to have a 30 minute game, I really was kind of irritated. Their practice usually runs over and the kids do just fine, so i didn't quite understand...until Friday! Mason really did a fine job "playing" the game the first half of it. He still really has NO idea how to play and it was quite humorous watching the coach run from one side of the field, blow his whistle because the ball went out of bounds, get it set up to go again, only to run to the other side of the field, blow his whistle and repeat the whole song and dance pretty much the whole game. The kids all intend for th ball to head towards A goal, not necessarily their own, but it just seems to be a little challenging yet for them. Half time rolls around and then I begin to experience WHY they only want the kids playing for this short amount of time. Mason and his buddy, Zachary, begin pushing each other and goofing off and then, here's the real kicker: Mason decides it would be hilarious to take his shirt and put it over his head (so he can't see a darn thing) and run around aimlessly on the field. I've never been so embarrassed in my life. I cannot do anything but yell at this point either because Sadie is hooked up to me eating, of course! O well, I just attribute that to him being the youngest on the team and another reason why kindergarten next year may need to be put off for one more year so that he's not always the baby!

Here are a few pictures of the kids lately. You can click on each picture to bring up a full size one! Sadie is getting much bigger, of course. Brent even thinks in the 10 days he was gone that she looks bigger. She is also cooing like crazy and even gives a good chuckle every now and then! She has become a big fan of being carried around in the baby Bjorn all day, too. I would normally not do this, but i only have so long with just one kid and i have so much to accomplish in that time frame that I can't afford not to hold her. She also has the craziest, loudest, most ear piercing scream that one cannot function if she is doing this, so the baby Bjorn it is. My mom thinks I'm getting pay back for how I was when I was a baby! If so, bless her heart and thank God for the new inventions of the Baby Bjorn and baby slings!



Here's Sadie's 3 month picture with her baby doll!



There's some serious stretching going on because it is about to go down on the soccer field!


The Green Garden Snakes vs. Minute Maid! (Can you guess that the little guys came up with our team name?)


The proof is in the pudding ladies and gentlemen! I thought I might have gotten a picture of this and sure enough, here it is! That's a soccer star if I've EVER seen one!


When Brent got home, Mason decided to take a walk in his boots!



Sleepin' sweet baby girl =)

1 comment:

  1. So glad Mason is enjoying preschool and that he seems to be the life of his soccer team...that picture is hilarious!
    Sadie looks so cute in her blue outfit and blue bow! Amen to the Baby Bjorns, they are life savers!
    We're moving this weekend and I'm all stressed out about how the move is going to go with 2 babies and we're only moving 2 miles away! I can't imagine how you guys must feel moving so far away, you're in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete